We are one of Canada's Leading Property Assessment and Taxation Firms
CDG is one of the most experienced property assessment and taxation firms in the country. CDG's lawyers have almost 200 years of experience dealing with thousands of Ontario property assessment files involving all property types and classifications and with taxation issues involving both historic and new tax tools.
On property tax files, we act only on behalf of assessing authorities and municipalities. As such, we are aware of the unique role that public bodies play in municipal assessment and taxation.
CDG recognizes that
- your relationships with your clients and stakeholders are important to you
- it is our responsibility is to ensure that you understand our advice
- litigation is not the only, or always the best, solution
- the best solutions require an understanding of your long-term goals
CDG participates in and supports industry organizations
- CDG received the Institute of Municipal Assessors' President's Medal
- CDG is one of the founders of the Association of Canadian Assessors' Counsel for those engaged in assessment and taxation litigation on behalf of municipalities and assessing authorities
- CDG co-hosts the popular Ontario 'Assessment Forum', the primary gathering for professionals appearing before the Ontario's Assessment Review Board
- CDG lawyers have memberships in the International Property Tax Institute, the Canadian Property Tax Association, the International Association of Assessing Officers, the Canadian Bar Association, the Toronto Lawyer's Association and the Advocates' Society
Members of the firm: